From: Matt Ferrari, Director of Platform Engineering
When Hosting.com launched our first Cloud product in 2009, we didn’t expect the Cloud Enterprise product to evolve as quickly as it has. Unlike a significant number of past product launches, our customer base quickly gave us feedback that they wanted more. As a managed host, we’re proud of our Cloud Enterprise environment. We provide the deployment, the managed operating system, the licensed software packages, and managed services that allow our customers to get far more than just a plain virtual machine out of the gate.
Technologies such as VMotion, DRS, resource growth on demand, API integration with vcloud, and other items have helped make the platform robust and built for business growth without painful migrations. As our Platform Engineering team continues to develop and deploy strategic products and tools for the organization, we also work to bring some of the newest features available to our Cloud Enterprise customers. An example of some of the recent releases specifically for Cloud Enterprise include:
- ColdFusion 9 Enterprise
- Up to 32 Gigabytes of memory and 8 cores of processing per Virtual Machine
- Additional managed operating system support such as Red Hat Enterprise, Cent OS, Windows 2008 and 2003
- Additional storage options to utilize fibre channel disk speed on the SAN
- Cloud Enterprise available at a second data center; Louisville, KY
- VMDK Upload Functionality: the ability to upload an ESX created VMDK from another environment into our Cloud Enterprise environment
We’ve got some exciting items planned for the Cloud Enterprise environment in 2010. I’ll be using this engineering blog to discuss this, and all of the other products, that we are actively working on and try to give some sneak peeks where I can.